David Cook Cares What You Think About Him!

Everything I read today is just making me angry. Apparently, David Cook is willing to forego happiness in his own personal life, and drop people at the drop of a hat, all because you don’t like it. Yep. Let me preface this by saying that I love David Cook. I have been a big fan since the first time he performed for the judges on American Idol. But when it comes to women, the guy sucks. When he first started getting really, really big (which was about a month before his season on Idol was over), he started to see that he had options other than his girlfriend, Kimberly Caldwell. I guess he figured he was a big star now and didn’t want to be tied down. Blah blah blah. I wonder how Kimberly felt about that. Now, he’s doing it again.

David Cook has been dating, or more accurately was dating, Kim Johnston, a super hot model who is nine years older than him. Though I really like David Cook and try to stay up on who’s he dating, I hadn’t even heard of this relationship. Apparently it’s been going on for awhile but became known to everyone in August. Well, now David is trying to make it just as clear that he has broken up with Kim. Why? Because she is not worth losing one fan over. Trust me, I would never stop being David Cook’s fan because he was dating an older woman. I would however, lose respect for him if he thought life was a popularity contest and decided that fame was more important than his own happiness. From Star,

“David Cook broke off his romance with his nine-years-older girlfriend after news broke that he had secretly been dating the beautiful model.
Why? As the American Idol champ later texted Kim Johnston, “Dude, I’m losing fans over this!”

“David changed my life in so many good ways,” Kim, 35, tells Star in an exclusive interview. “But I also can’t forget my feeling of abandonment, when I was being slammed left and right. I’ve never had a man treat me as if he was ashamed to be associated with me!”

Kim and David, 26, became friends through MySpace in August 2008. They soon met face to face at David’s hotel in New York City — and Kim spent the night. “People will draw their own conclusions, so let them,” she tells Star. The couple grew close over a year’s time and saw each other as often as their busy schedules would allow.

Their romance became public this past August after a New York newspaper ran an item about them. Shortly after, says Kim, “There was a big change in David’s attitude!” And it wasn’t long before he cut Kim loose in the face of his fans’ apparent anger.

“I know David is a good person,” says Kim. “I hope he gets to the point where pleasing his fans doesn’t affect his happiness!”

Like I said, I hadn’t even heard about this budding relationship until I heard that David Cook had once again made a bone-head move towards the woman in his life. Really, is it too much that I hope that he gets it together real soon? Or am I completely overreacting?

#1 HMMMMMM on 10.19.09 at 10:17 pm

Interesting blog, but you are making one major and faulty assumption – that everything, or even anything, that Kimberly Johnston said in that STAR article is accurate. Trust me when I say that KimJ is not a healthy and/or balanced individual. The lies, exaggerations, and discrepancies are massive and myriad.

#2 Reyna on 10.20.09 at 12:54 pm

I hope you wont judge David by something that was published in Star, after all that was the magazine that was reporting that David and Kimberly Caldwell were getting engaged last year when in fact they were breaking up. There were discrepancies between the Page 6 articles and what was published in Star. You are only getting this woman’s version of what may or may not have happened between them. Unfortunately you may never hear David’s side of things because celebrities are often advised not to respond to these kinds of articles. You must take everything you read in these types of magazines with a huge grain of salt.

#3 kateb on 10.20.09 at 2:24 pm

Hi Reyna and Hmmm,
Thank you both so much for checking out the blog! I just wanted to clear up the fact that I do realize that Star Magazine gets their facts wrong….a lot. And I usually preface these types of quotes (Star, National Enquirer, etc.) by saying that they may not be the most reliable sources on the planet. I should’ve done so with this post as well but had much more to say.

David Cook is not only a very talented artist but he’s also hugely compassionate and has seen more struggle than most of us at his age. He has shown that he has a good heart by running for cancer (the day after his brother lost the battle to it) and by just being a generally nice person – who actually manages to stay out of the tabloids for the most part. My opinions on this particular subject were on this particular quote, which yes, I realize, was Star. It’s why I said “I would stop being his fan” and not “I will stop being his fan.” I do hope that he always puts his own happiness before his fans’ happiness. And even though he’s a great person, I do think he may have some issues when it comes to the opposite sex. Who doesn’t?

#4 Monica on 10.20.09 at 4:48 pm

Supposedly Kim Johnston was told she couldn’t see David at his concert in Tennessee after the news first broke about their relationship in Page 6. However that concert in Tennessee took place before the story was first published. The first Page 6 article said that Kimberly drove to that concert to see David. The second Page 6 article said that David canceled her trip.
If they were in fact in a relationship(I have my doubts) then it sounds like it was over before the fans ever even heard about it. Whoever is making this story up can’t keep their facts straight.

#5 tygergirl on 10.21.09 at 7:55 pm

i THINK THAT ONCE AGAIN – DAVIDS PERSONAL LIFE IS ONCE AGAIN PERSONAL – ITS HIS DECISION WHO TO DATE AND WHO NOT TO DATE – HE’S GOT TIME FOR THAT BUT NOT WHEN YOU ARE ON A WHIRLWIND TOUR – WHEN HE MEETS THE RIGHT GIRL – IT WONT MATTER TIME OR PLACE OR WHO CARES – HE WILL KNOW IT AND NO ONE WILL STAND IN THE WAY OF HIS PERSONAL HAPPINESS…APPARENTLY HE HASNT DONE THAT YET..IN THE MEAN TIME HE WILL MET SEVERAL LIKE ROCK STARS DO – AND BE A 26 YEAR OLD GUY – SO CUT HIM SOME SLACK – LOVE HIM HATE HIM – BUT DONT IGNORE HIM – AND LOVE HIS MUSIC……

#6 Jennifer on 10.22.09 at 3:31 pm

I know for a fact everything is true. Also, Kim didn’t have anything to do with the Post articles. That was one of the reasons she decided to go to Star. To stand up to the crap. I’m a David Cook fan, and nothing will change that. But the fact is, this story is unfortunatley true. I will say it must suck to have a friend treat you like that, and then be attacked by people who don’t know you. I feel bad for her. But I still love ya David! Just treat woman better!

#7 Reyna on 10.22.09 at 9:28 pm

Jennifer,
If David told Kim he didn’t want to see her at the concert in Tennessee that was before any of the articles were published. I don’t think she should be blaming the fans for breaking them up if it happened before the fans even knew about it. A 35-year old ought to be able to handle a breakup in a more mature manner. Spilling the details of her relationship to a magazine like Star was not a very nice way to handle things.