Rihanna is Going to do the Right Thing

I might have to stop being so hard on Rihanna because it seems that she’s going to end up doing the right thing when it comes to the charges against Chris Brown. Ever since the night he mistook her for a punching bag, Rihanna has always said that she would cooperate with authorities and do whatever was asked of her. But still, I had my doubts. Then she and Chris got back together and I was pretty sure he’d get a slap on the wrist and be left alone. But now that might not be the case.

Rihanna is set to not only appear in court but to actually testify against Chris giving what I can only guess will be a graphic and gruesome description of what happened that night. Or at least what she can remember after Brown slammed her head against god knows what, god knows how many times. I’m so happy that Rihanna is going to stand up and tell a judge exactly what Chris did to her that night that if  I wasn’t typing, I might just stand up and clap! From Digital Spy,

“Rihanna is to appear in court next month over her alleged altercation with Chris Brown, it has been reported.

According to E!, the ‘Umbrella’ singer will be called to testify in the case on June 22. Her testimony will be used to determine if there is enough evidence for a trial against Brown, who is charged with two counts of felony assault.

Donald Etra, her attorney, said: “The judge advised me that there will be a subpoena for Rihanna as a witness at the preliminary hearing. She will definitely comply.”

Brown will also be present in court when Rihanna testifies. “He has to be here anytime a witness is called,” his lawyer explained.”

I imagine that would be tough for her to do, face Chris in court like that. Even if she has very bitter feelings toward him now, she did really love him at one point and maybe a part of her still does. But I’m glad to see that this might actually be taken to trial. I thought that once Rihanna decided to take him back, she would call this whole thing off too. Way to go, Rihanna! Maybe Chris will actually be punished for what he did!

#1 sibongiseni on 05.29.09 at 10:13 am

every guy can make a mistake so why do they have to blame chris, so if you love someone you would for give and forget what happened to you and your lover. they are stille yourng they can try and for get any thing what happend to them

#2 Lou-Lou on 06.02.09 at 3:36 pm

A MISTAKE?!? Beating up your girlfriend is NOT a mistake. It’s an intentional act of violence that is competely unacceptable under ANY curcumstances. No one should ever forgive and forget their partner for beating them! Chris Brown belongs in jail and I hope he goes for a long time. sibongiseni your comment is totally ignorant and disgusting! Shame on you!

#3 kateb on 06.03.09 at 3:02 pm

I have to say lou-lou, I can only agree whole-heartedly. It’s absolutely not a mistake and he is indeed the only one that is to be blamed. Now Rihanna on the other hand, has got her own issues but getting the crap beaten out of her is not her fault nor something she should feel she has to forgive him for.

#4 sibongiseni on 06.03.09 at 10:58 pm

ok, it is the wright thing to open a case but taking someone to brison like chris, most of the people wont like it but infect chris he wont go to jail they would make him pay a fine to rehanna.. i know he was wrong by beatting a lady so he was very wrong by doing that, what if rihanna was cheatting o n chris,and may he cought he we dont know what is the matter to them.

#5 Lou-Lou on 06.04.09 at 4:11 am

It doesn’t matter if she cheated on him, there is NO reason ANYONE should ever be beaten. I’m pretty sure Chris Brown is aware that beating people is against the law so he should have to pay the concequences and those concequences should be jail time. He is a violent criminal and I for one don’t think he should be on the streets, free to beat some other innocent victim. sibongiseni, why do you keep defending Chris Brown? Do you think he has the right to beat his girlfriend? Do you think he is above the law?

#6 Lou-Lou on 06.04.09 at 4:12 am

Thanks for the support kateb! You’re awesome!