Avril Lavigne Is An Obnoxious Snob

csh-022537.jpgAvril Lavigne makes me sick. In an interview with US Weekly, she totally proves that when I had all those nasty thoughts about her in the first place, I was vindicated. I mean, what the hell is “the hurricane thing” about? You mean Hurricane Katrina, Avril? Oh yes, “Take it to Katrina!” Avril Lavigne packed up six boxes of her super-skinny emo-bitch clothes to send to the people who were displaced by the hurricane. By people, I mean a handful of size zero teenage girls who want to dress like rodeo clowns from outer space.

“On dealing with her incredible success:
“Selling 24 million albums hasn’t really affected me, but it has changed things. I can’t walk into a room full of people any more without everybody turning their heads, and I can only eat in certain restaurants where I know I won’t get hassled. But that’s OK. I was born to do this, and so I’ve learned how to cope.”

On her competition:
“Someone like Kelly Clarkson is beautiful and has a pretty voice, but with me you get a much stronger image. I’m tough, I have a look that girls want to copy, and I sound a particular way. It’s good if you’re not easily ignored. And I’m not.”

On her generosity:
“I am a very giving person. When the hurricane thing happened, I went to my closet, filled six boxes of stuff and said to my assistant, ‘Take it to Katrina!’ I also like to give stuff to people who are my ‘workers,’ especially if they don’t make much money.”

On her polarizing personality:
“People love me and people hate me, but I’m comfortable in my own skin and that’s what counts. And anyway if you do hate me, you’re the loser, not me.””

I have news for you, honey. No one hates you; that’s too time consuming. Maybe you should have your “workers” build you a soul.

#1 judy on 09.13.07 at 1:41 pm

If she is concerned about her workers not making much money, maybe she could give them a raise. Then they wouldn’t have to get her hand-me-downs.

#2 Qamran on 10.17.07 at 10:20 am

hi Avril Lavigne This is Qamran from Pakistan

I really like you. you are so cute i like ur songs ur voice n i really love ur hairs n ur kool style i really love you. your atitude is very nice i have no words to explain but really i like you so much. last time i am searching about you on google.com n there i see that u r married your husband is also cute he is also a singer like you but not so good as compared to you Avril. I have your all songs i listen your all albums the best damn thing etc you are ao good i really like you i have you pictures up to 1000 i really love you. please reply me on soul.vendor@hotmail.com. i am waiting. bye n take care u punk chick love you forever.

#3 ina on 01.15.08 at 11:24 am

you rock avril…if i would be a singer….i`d like to be like you……you r the 1!

#4 Jim on 06.28.09 at 9:08 am

This article is based on the Q Magazine of the UK and it was made up and FALSE, Avril has publicly stated that she did not make these statements. You don’t have to take my word for it you can listen to Avril set the record straight on ‘Buzz Bishop’s website” in an interview. Don’t believe this article it is simple not true.

#5 Jo on 05.23.11 at 2:45 pm

The funniest thing about that article is the fact she *seems* to think that a hurricane hit a place called Katrina. I’ve read this article before and whenever I remember what she said I just have to google it again

How is it that “Take it to Katrina” isn’t an internet meme by now?

#6 Lol on 01.13.12 at 9:41 pm

Look who’s talking…

#7 Alana on 12.13.12 at 4:13 pm

It’s fu my how you can just fucking judge someone even though you don’t know anything about the situation. Has it ever even occurred to you that magazines and tabloids twist words and change things? You are ignorant and if anybody’s a rude snob…. Its you bitch