Shaq & Shaunie: DUNZO!

shaq_wife0.jpgOooh, Shaq‘s back, girls. He and his wife, Shaunie O’Neal have filed divorce papers, last Tuesday, specifically, and Shaq has claimed that the relationship with his wife has been “irretrievably broken,” not too mention, has also accused her of doing some underhanded things with his money.

“the relationship with his wife has been “irretrievably broken”….”

Shaq and Shaunie O’Neal have four children together, while both have a child from a previous partner. In 2002 they were married in the standard crazy-expensive ceremony in a Beverly Hills church, that which, in my opinion it’s kind of a paradox that such a thing even exists. Shaq claims that his wife has been “secretive about her assets”, and has requested that the courts investigate all the money she came into while they were married. Mainly because Shaunie was made to sign a pre-nuptial agreement before Shaq would agree to marry her. As for custody, Shaq has the children living with Shaunie, and has requested that he receives “liberal rights of visitation.”

#1 Dolly on 09.05.07 at 7:42 am

That’s just sad. Character does matter and secrecy about money is a no no. Shaq is a nice guy and he deserves better.

#2 judy on 09.06.07 at 1:46 pm

You don’t know the particulars. We do know that he is a known cheater. Maybe that spurred on her secrecy.
That makes him not such a nice guy in my book. What if she comes out with some more dirt on him, that will make her more of a bad guy in this. What a shame. Just because he is a dumb, and I mean dumb, basketball player with gazillion dollars doesn’t make him a nice guy.

#3 Dolly on 09.06.07 at 2:04 pm

2 wrongs doesn’t make one right. If he is a cheater I don’t know it.

#4 Wanda on 09.13.07 at 7:54 pm

Oh come one!!! Shaq probably wipes his ass with million dollar bills – it isn’t about money.

#5 Dolly on 09.14.07 at 6:28 am

Divorce is nasty. I’m sorry nasty things are revealed on all who are concerned. Its just sad.

#6 nikki on 09.14.07 at 9:33 am

I can’t believe it, no we barely have black A-list married people in hollywood..now we have Shaq and Shaunie getting a divorce, what is the world coming too.

I think Shaq is tired of the married life, and really has no good grounds for divorcing that girl, i dont see her as, or ever heard of her not taking care of home, that women had 4 of his babies, and we all know he has cheated, i would do the same thing, start putting money away too for myself and kids, cause he could always up and leave at any moment and leave her high and dry, which of course he just did!

#7 judy on 09.14.07 at 10:26 am

She seemed to be so in love with that cock eyed cocky man. LOL
Funny, everyone was waiting for Kobe to divorce his wife, and people would be talking smack about him. But no one wants to talk smack about the big guy.
I believe the superhead woman when she says Shaq used to pay her 10 grand. He didn’t deny it.

#8 hambone on 09.15.07 at 1:49 pm

I saw this coming because she is from Los Angeles and the women there are real sneaky and stuck up and lack family values. In other words Hell A women suck. He should have got them a southern woman.

#9 moses on 09.15.07 at 1:50 pm

I hate to say it but money seems to cause a lot of divorces these days.

#10 Butter on 10.21.07 at 5:04 pm

I think that Shaunie needs to “take it like a woman” and accept the fact that she “messed up.” There will be plenty of women who will be waiting to console this big lovable and huggable teddy bear, especially women who won’t try to take him for his paper. Shaunie’s not ready to give up the O’neal name that’s all. Shaq, I’m going to pray for you every night–I know what it’s like to be “SLEEPING WITH THE ENEMY- and not even know it.

#11 strgblkman on 11.30.07 at 5:29 am

Butter, I think that was the most sensible thing said so far. We don’t have a clue on what the real deal is and for what it’s worth only God knows. I just hope that for the kid’s sake they continue to keep the focus on the family even though there parting. Let’s keep the Big Man & his lovely wife in prayers…God Bless!

#12 Aaron on 12.24.07 at 1:08 pm

She is and will always be a goldigger. Little known fact is that she was married when she was screwing Shaq. Married to a good, family oriented man who loved her. They deserve each other, they’re both idiots. Him for being abig baby and wanting out of LA and blaming Kobe. Her for cheating on her husband and lying so that she could “upgrade” to the good life!

#13 me on 02.22.08 at 5:43 am

he’s a Q what did u expect? Holla MJ!

#14 Lillie on 07.12.08 at 5:59 pm

No one knows ehat goes on in another person bed room so keep your nasty commet to your self. I love shaq but he’s a man and men do dumb thing and they all love dress tail. I don’t know anything about shunnie I hope they do the right thing for children. May god bless that family.

#15 Lorna on 07.17.09 at 6:59 am

Shaq doyou still talk to Roger Rozier? He may be able to give you advice on marriage. Or even me; give me a shout.