‘The Office’ Fans: Pay Attention!

I am a huge ‘The Office’ fan. Big. Huge. Ginormous fan. I want to put Steve Carrell in my pocket, make out with John Krasinski and be best friends with Jenna Fischer. Is that too much to ask?

Anyway..if you are fan..then you gotta read the press release which just came out..EXCITING!

Full Press Release after the cut:

P.S. John Krasinski and Rashida Jones..totally dating in real life. Word is he got her the role on the show.

NBC’S ‘THE OFFICE’ WEB EVENT STREAMS ONLY ON NBC.COM

“Producer’s Cut” To Be Web-Exclusive Event On NBC.com On November 9th

BURBANK, Calif. November 6, 2006 NBC’s Emmy-winning comedy “The Office” (Thursdays, 8:30 9:00pm ET/PT) will offer fans a first-ever, web-exclusive “producer’s cut” on November 9th. The episode will include additional scenes and extra footage not shown in the broadcast version. Viewers can log onto NBC.com at 9:00pm (PT) on November 9th to see the web-exclusive event.

The announcement was made today by Vivi Zigler, executive vice president NBC digital entertainment and new media.

“This is a first-of-its-kind and a real bonus for fans of ‘The Office,’” said Zigler. “It’s also a natural for this show which has continually pushed the envelope in the digital landscape. We’re seeing an incredible audience reaction to the evolving digital extensions of our programming and anticipate this being one of their favorites.”

In the pivotal November 9th episode, Jan (Melora Hardin) tells Michael (Steve Carell) that the Scranton Branch will be shutting down and Michael strives to keep his staff’s spirits up. Meanwhile, everyone privately begins to envision how their lives will change in the aftermath. Rainn Wilson, Jenna Fischer, John Krasinski, B.J. Novak, David Denman, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Angela Kinsey, Phyllis Smith, Paul Lieberstein and Mindy Kaling also star, and Ed Helms (“The Daily Show”), Rashida Jones (“Wanted”) and Charles Esten (“Whose Line Is It Anyway?”) guest-star.

Through October 29, “The Office” has averaged a 4.0 rating, 10 share in adults 18-49 and 8.5 million viewers overall, making it this Fall’s #3 half-hour comedy on any network in adults 18-49. “The Office” is also primetime’s most upscale comedy, with the highest concentration of homes with $100,000-plus incomes and highest median income for its 18-49 audience among network comedies. “The Office” has improved the Thursday 8:30pm half-hour for NBC by 14 percent versus the network’s 18-49 average at this point last season. “The Office” has matched or improved upon its adult 18-49 lead-in from “My Name is Earl” with every first-run telecast this Fall.

“The Office” takes a painfully funny look at the interactions of the desk jockeys at Dunder Mifflin paper-supply company in Scranton, Pennsylvania. Golden Globe winner Steve Carell (“The 40-Year-Old Virgin”) stars as unctuous regional manager Michael Scott who hosts the documentary crew on a tour of the workplace. Jenna Fischer (“Miss Match”), John Krasinski (“Jarhead,” “Kinsey”), Rainn Wilson (“Six Feet Under”), and B.J. Novak (“Punk’d”) star as the employees who tolerate Michael’s inappropriate behavior only because he signs their paychecks. Also starring are Melora Hardin as Jan Levinson, David Denman as Roy, Leslie David Baker as Stanley Hudson, Brian Baumgartner as Kevin Malone, Kate Flannery as Meredith Palmer, Angela Kinsey as Angela Martin, Oscar Nunez as Oscar Martinez and Phyllis Smith as Phyllis Lapin. “The Office” is executive-produced by Ben Silverman, Greg Daniels, who developed the series for American television, Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant and Howard Klein.

#1 Blair on 11.08.06 at 12:19 pm

My absolute favorite show ever. He’s a total hottie. He was on The Ellen Degeneres show about 3 weeks ago and claimed he was single. *raises eyebrow* Very interesting!

#2 Sarah on 11.08.06 at 7:11 pm

I love the Office!! I still want Jim and Pam together on the show.

#3 Kathle on 12.06.06 at 5:54 pm

ACTUALLY, the TV guide (December 11, 2006 issue) did an interview with Rashida Jones and asked her if it was awkward to be working with someone she used to date, and she said that just because you dated someone and it didn’t work out doesn’t mean that there’s not something you really liked about that person to begin with. Annd she said they were still best friends or something. Soooo don’t think they’re actually dating, cause both have been open about being single. So..cool.

#4 joanne on 01.12.07 at 11:13 am

I love Jim and I really don’t care if he with Pam or not. I was all about last season and now I am burnt out on it. I really like the friction in the air with Pam and Karen. I think that it adds some spark to the show. We all KNOW that Jim will be with Pam — but let’s not turn it into a Ross and Rachel deal — Heck, that lasted how many seasons– A MILLION!!

#5 joanne on 01.12.07 at 11:14 am

Jim is a complete heart throb!! How did I forget to add that? I also love B J Novaks character– he is so funny!!

#6 Ellee on 09.11.07 at 6:31 am

I though it was stupid for Rashida Jones to petend to be itilian when we all know she is black ala Quincy Jones and she doesn’t look white or italian she looks black I’m mixed like her Hallle Bery we are all considered black hell I could see if she looked like Nicole Richie or Maiah Carey who for a second you might not know their race but not Rashida Jones or Halle Berry!!!!!!!!!!

#7 JJ on 09.19.07 at 4:54 pm

Rashida Jones hasn’t said she was Italian. Her character on The Office is supposed to be Italian.

John Krasinski and Jenna Fischer should get together now. There’s a lot of chemistry there, I think.

#8 Joe on 09.23.07 at 7:32 pm

Wow… It’s amazing how everything turns into a race issue with some people (esp. black people, or mixed people who want to fit in). It seems like Ellee needs a psychologist to help her out with that problem. Even if Rashida did consider herself Italian in real life it shouldn’t matter to you because it’s what she feels and what other people say shouldn’t matter. And why discount her caucasian mother… without whom she would not have been born or raised properly. I’m sure people have said, at one time or another, that you’re stupid… esp. with making racist comments like that. By your logic you should consider yourself stupid because of what someone else thinks.

Go with your heart and don’t let other people decide how to classify or make decisions for you. That’s the sign of a weak mind.