Skinny Jeans: Not for everyone

Katie Holmes Skinny Jeans

If you are a faithful reader of mine..you will know that I have this strange fascination with skinny jeans. I own 3 pairs, all of which look hideous on me, and I have never worn any them. I really want to look good in them. But I don’t. I don’t beat myself up over it (partly because I just had a baby). Not many people can pull them off. Katie Holmes is one of those that cannot…but at least she has the balls confidence to wear them.

But then again..she also has the balls to go out in public with Tom Cruise. Maybe she can pull of anything…

#1 Emily on 11.06.06 at 9:01 am

eeek, that is BAAAAAAD. skinny jeans are bad

#2 Valeska on 11.06.06 at 9:22 am

i think it looks good, but only the front ; )

#3 abby on 11.06.06 at 9:44 am

i have yet to see anyone look good in them.

#4 Sarah on 11.06.06 at 10:02 am

They can look good, but on her, her legs just look stumpy. And that’s weird, because she’s so tall.

#5 80s Queen on 11.06.06 at 11:46 am

It’s the shoes. At least wear high heels. But even then the style is really fug.

#6 mel on 11.06.06 at 11:52 am

its just those disgusting shoes she should wear roundtoe ballet pumps

#7 Kaitlyn on 11.06.06 at 1:53 pm

I like them but on a select few. She does look stumpy. I just don’t like the way they bunch up at the ankle.

#8 Kim on 11.06.06 at 9:32 pm

SO UGLY. Theres two tricks to wearing skinny jeans…

1. Don’t buy the types that are scrunchy and skin tight at the hem (like Katie did).

2. Wear them with a long and loose top, like a sweater dress or a tunic with a belt or something. It looks stupid with short shirts like that.

#9 Shiva on 11.06.06 at 11:39 pm

Katie definitely has the figure to wear skinny jeans. The problem in this picture is that she wears a TERRIBLE kind of jeans. The colour is awful and the shoes don’t fit. But she has the figure.

#10 A.M. on 11.07.06 at 12:41 am

Not a flattering look.

#11 Micha on 11.10.06 at 9:55 pm

How funny is this?

#12 Nido on 11.12.06 at 5:37 am

The skinny jeans definitely look bad on her but I think when your famous you can pull off anything u want to…and btw,i do have a friend where those jeans look awesome on!!

#13 meg on 12.04.06 at 4:38 pm

skinny jeans are awesome. i love them. so shut up about them. sure katie looks stumpy doesn’t mean everyone does.

#14 nikki on 12.09.06 at 7:05 pm

i agree with meg. i personally totally love skinny jeans. and for those people who dont, maybe ur just bitter coz you dont look good in them.

#15 Erin on 02.03.07 at 9:24 am

When it comes down to it, you can’t be fat and wear them. i agree with Meg.

#16 lacey on 06.21.07 at 9:52 am

ya i love skinny jeans but i cant pull them off either cuz i have the curse of the curves lol

#17 yanny on 08.17.07 at 8:42 pm

i love skinny jeans to the max!!!! i wear them everyday.. i have, hmmm… about 10 pairs of it… i could die with it coz its so sure fits me well… :) thanks that it’s been launched yr 2005.. coz i been using stuff like that before it was launched…

#18 Nobby on 08.28.07 at 11:18 pm

Hey i think every1 has a different taste just because u are curvy or not skinny legged doesnt mean you shoudnt wear them …Live ur own life dont care about what people say about you…if ur feeling great thats all that realy matters….NEWS FLASH u dont have to live up to anyones expectations but your own.

#19 Toby Weymiller on 10.17.07 at 11:11 am

Yuck, she looks like my mom!

#20 yvonne on 12.31.07 at 11:47 am

She’s the classic pear shape – smaller up top, larger down bottom. I personally think she looks fine in them due to the fact she is tall. She does have a flat bottom so they do look uncomfortable, but they are the worst jeans ever invented!! they even look awful on models. They accentuate large thighs and skinny thighs because they’re so damn tight!!

#21 lindsey on 05.09.08 at 5:11 am

Skinny Jeans are hideous on everyone. I can guarantee in a few years they are going to be at the top of the WORST FASHION TRENDS of this century list and everyone is going to be asking themselves, what was I thinking. It will be just like parachute pants or shoulder pads in the 80’s

#22 melanie on 06.12.08 at 4:56 pm

i bet all you guys are 40+ because i think she looks fine. sure the back area looks weird but i bet if she wore a different pair of skinnies with smaller back pockets, she’d look terrific. and how it the world is she pair shaped? i think shes perfectly proportioned.

#23 Jen on 07.06.08 at 6:41 am

I’m agreeing with Melanie. It’s just the type of skinnies she’s wearing that make her look so…

I can’t think of a word =\

I personally don’t like skinny jeans. Nikki may think that people who don’t like them are just “bitter because they don’t look good in them” but I just don’t like wearing them because they rub on the backs of my knees. I mean, I look good in them, but they aren’t my thing.

Still, some people look amazing in skinnies =)

#24 Lolli on 08.06.08 at 11:43 am

I think its just a bad picture. All she needs to do is straighten them in the back. The problem is they are too low waisted, not too skinny. She needs pants that cover her but crack. The ankle is fine.

#25 Laura on 02.01.09 at 6:12 pm

Most everyone can wer skinny jeans. They certainly look better then bootcut. Those do fit weird, but not because they are skinny. They fit her but wrong. They wouldn’t be any better if they flared out at the knee. Bootcut jeans just never look tidy. They always look baggy and ill fitting. And trying to wear stilts under the flare to make your leg look long dosn’t work, ladies.

#26 Lissa on 02.01.09 at 7:08 pm

You know whats really in bad taste?
All these stupid rules on what people are supposed to wear. “If you are a pear shaped woman wear capri’s only in burgundy every other tuesday.”
Blah, blah,blah.
The best tools to look good are an open mind, a mirror and a good exrsize program.

#27 Andrea on 03.23.09 at 6:51 am

I have to agree with Lissa. What looks good on a person is totally up to what that person feels brave enough to wear. Provided, however, that a woman with a belly isn’t wearing mid-drift bearing tops, and that you don’t have a horrible muffing top spilling over the waist of your skinnies. I am 5’5 140 lbs and i personally only wear skinny jeans. I love them.

#28 sue on 05.28.09 at 3:17 am

I hate skinny jeans and yes I am a size 18, uk not us size and I’m nearly 40, but when skinny jeans where in fashion in the 80s I hated them then and I was a size 8/10 and always perfered flares